Delivery and returns
The delivery options, terms and costs are as indicated in the check-out before your purchase and as confirmed in the order confirmation.
We believe that you will be delighted with your product but there may be occasions where you feel it necessary to return an item. We aim to keep the process as simple as possible and these terms do not affect your statutory rights.
We will try to attend to all returns as soon as practically possible.
a. Unwanted Products
- Our policy is to ensure that you are satisfied every time you place an Order with Swatch. If you are unhappy with an item when you receive it or if you simply change your mind please return it to us within 14 days from the day after the day on which you receive it, with the despatch note, having taken reasonable care of it and in an unused state complete with packaging and all components, and we will refund you the price you paid for that product and the applicable delivery charge but not any postage or collection cost incurred returning the item to us. Where you chose a more expensive delivery option, we have the option to only reimburse you up to the amount you would have paid if you had chosen the least expensive common and generally accepted form of delivery offered by us.
- We will make the refund directly to the credit/charge card used to place the original order within 14 days of the day we receive the products back or, if earlier, the receipt by us of proof of the return of the items, or earlier once we have inspected the returned item and are satisfied that it has been returned to us in the condition it was in when delivered to you.
You will only have to pay for the return postage of the Products.
- Certain products and services are excluded from this returns policy, including earrings, which cannot be accepted for health and hygiene reasons.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
b. Faulty Products
- We try to select and package the items as well as possible to ensure they arrive in good condition. However, if an item arrives damaged or with defects, or is not what you ordered, we will replace it free of charge or provide a full refund as appropriate, if you return the Product to us at the postal address below within 14 days of receipt.
- In these circumstances we will also pay you the cost of the return postage. Please obtain a proof of posting certificate from your Post Office to enable us to process the refund for your return postage costs.
- For help with items later than 14 days after your initial purchase please e-mail us. This does not affect your Statutory Rights.
c. Returning Unwanted or Faulty Products
- Please contact us by email to inform us of your wish to return Products.
We will allocate you with a Returns Authorisation Code which will help to facilitate the effective processing of your return.
Please use a secure delivery method which requires signature such as Royal Mail “signed for” or Special Delivery and return to:
PO Box 62430
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A RETURNS FORM
You will be responsible for the returned product(s) until they reach us.
d. Unwanted Products – The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (the ‘Regulations’)
- By law, consumers in the United Kingdom have the right to cancel a contract for the purchase of an item within fourteen (14) days from the day after the day the item has been received.
- If you wish to cancel your order under the Regulations and the delivery has already been dispatched we ask you to contact our Customer Service team quoting your name and order number. A Returns Authorisation Code will be issued accordingly. We will arrange for you to be refunded; the refund will include any applicable delivery charge but not any postage cost incurred returning the item to us. Where you chose a more expensive delivery option, we have the option to only reimburse you up to the amount you would have paid if you had chosen the least expensive common and generally accepted form of delivery offered by us.
e. Recycling Your Old Swatch – The Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Legislation
- The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now UK law. The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also mean that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment free of charge.
The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK.
Much of the UK's WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health.
Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
Distributors of new Electric and Electronic Equipment (EEE) have a part to play in reducing the amount of WEEE going into landfill sites.
Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Goods are marked with this symbol to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste so that they can be recycled
By law consumers in the UK are entitled to the treatment of electrical equipment in accordance with WEEE Regulations.
- The Swatch Group (UK) LTD is obliged under these regulations to offer our customers free take-back of their WEEE item on a like-for-like basis when buying a new Electrical or Electronic product from us.
Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days upon receipt of their new purchase.
Please Return to:
SGEC – WEEE Return
PO Box 62430